Vegan Gingerbread Cake! This deliciously moist and relatively healthy spice cake.
Gingerbread Cake INGREDIENTS Cake
- 2 1/2 cups organic rolled oats, ground into flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup fresh Ginger, finely diced
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup deglet dates, or 8 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup blackstrap molasses, or unsulfered molasses
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 ½ - 2 cups hot water
- ½ cup cashews, or white sweet potato puree
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 deglet dates, or 3 medjool dates
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients for the cake.
- Blend the dates, molasses, white wine vinegar, fresh ginger and water in a blender until dates are completely pulverized.
- Stir together the dry ingredients and blended mixture in a cut and fold method. Do not over mix. Ensure dough is not very thick.
- Pour into a silicone bundt pan or lightly dusted regular bundt pan or parchment lined 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Blend the drizzle ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Once cake is cooled, decorate with the drizzle.
- Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
Comments are closed.