Baked Falafel Patties
Oil free Falafel patties made with ground chickpeas, herbs, spice and garlic. Serve thme with tatziki sauce.
Baked Falafel INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup dried chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 large red or yellow onion
- 1 bunch of green onions, optional
- A dash of black pepper
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes or jalapenos or green chillies
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Soak dried beans overnight.
- Discard soaked water. Grind all of the above ingredients in a food processor to a coarse paste.
- Add salt to half the batter.
- Make round balls, flatten and airfry at 400 for 10 mins or until golden brown. If you don't have an airfryer. Broil for 5 mins on high in a regular oven.
- Rotate balls so they turn golden brown uniformly and bake in steps of 2-4 mins.
- Mix rest of batter with salt. Repeat same process.
Comments are closed.