- 4-6 potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon, ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon, green chilies, finely chopped, or Jalapenos
- Lime juice to taste
- Salt to taste
Mix all to make flavored mashed potato. Take ¼ cup of the mashed potato and form balls.
Make a batter of Chick pea flour:
- 3/4 Cup to 1 Cup Garbanzo flour (chickpea flour/besan)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Powder, to taste
- 1/2 tsp Carom seeds or Ajwain
- 1/4 tsp Salt, to taste
For 1 Cup flour use 1/2 cup water (1:1/2 ratio), Add more water by Tablespoon as required
In a large mixing bowl, add chick pea flour, spices, salt and whisk it to a smooth paste. If stiff, add water one tablespoon at a time. So that the paste looks like a thick paste (almost like honey).
Take each mashed potato ball and dip in the chickpea batter. Remove with two forks. And place on a steamer plate to steam for 8-10 mins, until batter is steamed and is not wet to touch.
Airfry these Vadas for 5-8 mins at 450F until brown spots form and they turn crispy.
Flatten these vadas, place them between a whole wheat mini bun and add Green chutney and tamarind chutney to serve. Add Vada pav chutney powder as garnish!!!
Comments are closed.