Overnight Steel Cut Oats
- Instant Pot
- Bowl to serve
- one spoon
Ingredients: Steel Cut Oats, Fresh Fruits, Nuts & Seeds, Dried fruit, Flax and Chia seeds
In an Instant Pot (Electric Pressure Cooker):
- Add 1 Cup of Steel Cut oats to an instant pot
- Add 3 cups of water (1:3 ratio of Oats to Water)
- Cook on Manual, High Pressure for 5 minutes
- Enjoy creamy Oats with all the toppings
- Place 2 1/2 cups water in a medium/large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- As soon as the liquid boils, stir in the steel cut oats. Bring to a steady boil, then immediately reduce the heat to low (gentle simmer). Keep a close eye on the pot so as to prevent boiling over.
- Let the oats gently simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and scraping along the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking.
- For softer, creamier oats, continue cooking for 5 to 10 additional minutes. Stirring every few minutes until the oatmeal is as tender as you like. If the oatmeal becomes thicker than you’d like, add a little extra water to thin it out to your desired consistency.
- Remove the oatmeal from the heat and let sit a few minutes to finish thickening.
- Enjoy hot with any of your favorite toppings.
Fresh Fruit: Berries, Cut Bananas, apples, pears, grapes, peaches, mangoes, pineapple, papaya
Dried Fruits: Small pieces of dates, figs, raisin, plums, apricots
Nuts & Seeds: Small pieces of walnuts or almonds or sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds or hemp seeds
Chia & Flax Seeds: Chia seeds, Flax seeds powdered
Server hot or cold and enjoy a hearty, healthy breakfast!!!
Comments are closed.