Moist Carrot Cake
This carrot cake is super moist, wonderfully spiced, and perfect for smaller gatherings and celebrations.
Moist Carrot Cake Dry Ingredients:
- 3 C Flour (any combination of your choice)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 TBS Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice or all spice
- 3 TBS Flax meal
- 2 1/4 C Dates or sweetener of your choice
- 3 C Shredded Carrots
- 1 C Raisins
- 1 C walnuts, chopped
- 1-1 1/2 C Plant Milk or Apple Sauce
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1/2-1/3 C water, as required
- Shred or finely diced carrots and set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a food processor except carrots, raisins and walnuts.
- If using dates to sweeten, add the dates and process until dates are finely chopped, along with the dry ingredients.
- Transfer to a big mixing bowl, add carrots, walnuts and raisins to the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center and add the wet ingredients.
- Combine well using cut and fold method. Do not over-mix.
- Add water as required about 1 TBS at a time. Batter should be thick, not runny.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hr or until toothpick comes out clean.
Comments are closed.