- 2 tablespoons yellow split Moong dal – This protein-rich moong dal needs to be soaked for 20 minutes.
- 1 freshly grated Carrot
- ½ English cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 Green chilli , finely chopped
- ¼ bunch, chopped cilantro
- Juice of ½ lime
- Salt to taste
Mix all of the above ingredients except salt. Add salt just before eating.
- 1/4 teaspoon dry roasted Urad dal
- 1/4 teaspoon dry roasted mustard seeds
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida or Hing
- 1 sprig dry roasted curry leaves
Variations: use green moong sprouts in place of soaked yellow moong dal; Add 1 tsp soaked Chana dal, add pomegranate seeds, add chopped tomatoes!!!
Comments are closed.