Healthy Oat-Millet Muffins
- 3 cups of gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup of millet, coarsely powdered
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Pie or Pumpkin Pie Spice
- (or 1 Tablespoon cinnamon + ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg)
- ½ Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ Tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnut, pieces
- 5 dates, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can crushed pineapple, juice separated, (optional)
- 3 cups of banana purée (4-5 VERY RIPE bananas)
- ~4 cups loosely packed raw shredded carrots
- ~4 cups finely chopped or shredded apples (about 2-4 apples; use a sweet variety)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using the S blade of a food processor chop the dates finely by adding all the dry ingredients and processing for a few minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- In the same food processor puree ripe bananas, add apple cider vinegar and vanilla. Add apples and carrots and pulse to chop finely. Do not puree.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center and add all the liquid ingredients
- Use the technique of cut and fold. Do not overmix.
- Divide dough into 12 muffin tins. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Or until toothpick comes out clean
Comments are closed.