Cranberry-Ginger Pickle/Tokku/Allum pachadi
This Cranberry chutney recipe is simple to make in an instant pot. It is lightly spiced.
Cranberry-Ginger Pickle/Tokku/Allum pachadi In an IP Layer the following ingredients in the order mentioned below: Ingredients:
- 1 lb or 2-3 cups washed fresh cranberries or frozen no sugar added
- 1 cup grated organic ginger or minced in food processor
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup finely chopped dates or date paste or jaggery (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2-4 tsp chilli powder adjust to taste
- 2-4 tsp salt
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp hing/aseofetida
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Spice Powder
- 1/2 cup Goji berries
- 1 Tablespoon black mustard seeds, dry roasted
- 1 Tablespoon Fenugreek/Methi Seeds, dry roasted
- 1 Tablespoon Carom/Ajwain Seeds, dry roasted
- 1 Tablespoon Fennel/Saunf Seeds, dry roasted
- Layer 1/2 cup water, Cranberries, minced ginger and spices. Do not mix.
- Turn on IP to high pressure for 3 mins. As soon as cook time is up, allow about 5 mins then quick release by venting.
- Open IP, mash with a potato masher and sprinkle with powdered spices from the optional section: 1 TBS dry roasted black mustard seeds + 1 TBS dry roasted methi/fenugreek seeds + 1 TBS roasted Carom seeds (ajwain) + 1 TBS roasted Fennel seeds. Mix well.
- Store in glass bottles in the refrigerator.
- Lasts for a whole year and more. Do not use a wet spoon to serve this pickle.
Comments are closed.