Coconut chutney is a south Indian chutney, a side-dish or a condiment, common in the Indian subcontinent.
Coconut Chutney Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup roasted black gram or dry roasted peanuts
- 2-4 green chillies
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger chunks
- 1 Teaspoon of tamarind fruit, or 2 teaspoons tamarind pulp
- Coriander stems from 1 small bunch
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup grated coconut, frozen or desiccated.
- Cilantro leaves from the bunch.
- Grind all the ingredients up to coriander stems, to a powdery consistency.
- Add coconut and cilantro leaves to the blended jar.
- Pulse until a coarse paste is formed, using as little water as needed. Use the water from rinsing the jar to bring it to a chutney consistency.
- Season with dry roasted urda dal, dry roasted mustard seeds, curry leaves and hing.
Comments are closed.