Ambode/Masala Vade/Dal Vada
- 1 cup Dal - Chana dal or toor dal or moong dal or a combination of dals
- Herbs - Mint, Dill, Cilantro, Spinach or any combination of herbs
- 1 med. Onion or cabbage, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, chunks
- 4-6 Green chillies or Jalapeños
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Discard water used for soaking dals. Set aside a handful of soaked dal.
- Usually a food processor or blender, coarsely grind all the above ingredients except onions or cabbage to a coarse paste. Do not add any water.
- Divide into two portions, add salt to taste. Make balls, flatten and place on Silicone mat or parchment paper lined baking tray. Make sure you don’t form the balls too tight, its desirable to have a few cracks (it gets crispy there).
- Bake in an air fryer at 400F for 10-12 mins. Until golden brown spots appear. Flip and bake other side for 5 mins. Broil for 2 ins if you like it golden brown.
- Repeat the same for the other half of the batter.
- Alternately you can steam them and then bake in air fryer at 400 for 7 mins on one side, flip and bake again for 7 mins on the other side.
Comments are closed.