*Hummus Recipe with Variations*
- 1 Can Organic Chickpeas (or soaked and cooked 1.5 - 2 Cups Chickpeas or Chole)
- 2 TBS Dry roasted Sesame seeds, powdered
- 2-4 Garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 Lime or Lemon
- 1-2 Jalapenos (optional)
- 2-4 Green Chilis (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Chickpea water (aquafaba)
- Grind all ingredients to a food processor or blender until creamy smooth! Add the Chickpea water as required or additional plain water as required. Adjust all flavorings to your taste!
- Enjoy with Veggie Sticks - Carrot, Bell Pepper, Zucchini, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Oil free Pita Chips, Oil Free Butter free crackers etc.
- Variations:Make with different kinds of Beans - Black chickpeas (kala Chana), Black beans, Cannelini beans, Pinto beans, Red Kidney beans, Black eyed peas etc.
- Flavorings:Spicy: Jalapenos, Green Chilis, Cayene pepper, Red chili powder, Red Pepper flakes, Siracha or any other spicy flavoring of your choice.
- Herbs: Cilantro Flavored, Garlic Flavored, Roasted Garlic Flavored, Cilantro Flavored, Mint Flavored, Kale Flavored, Sun dried Tomato flavored, Pesto Flavored, Spinach flavored etc.
- Thin it down with water, adjust flavorings to make a delicious salad dressing.Ask family members to come up with their favorite flavor!!!Thin it down to make an *excellent Salad Dressing*! Just adjust spices!Make often, enjoy often with raw veggies!!!
Comments are closed.