Oil-free Tadka or Seasoning
1 C chana dal (split chana dal)
1 C urad dal (split urad dal)
1 C jeera
1 C small black mustard seeds
1 C sesame seeds
1 C dry red chilies
1 C curry leaves
1. Heat a wok or steel kadai on medium heat.
2. Roast each dal separately, stir constantly until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
3. Roast each of the seeds separately until they completely splutter. Set aside to cool.
4. Dry out the curry leaves on a kitchen towel until dry and crisp. Ensure no more moisture remains. This may take 2-5 days.
5. Roast dry red chilis but make sure you have the exhaust fan at full speed
Additionally, you can dry roast methi seeds, panch phooran mix, etc.
Store each of these in a separate glass bottle.
Use in rasam, sambar, curry, dhokla, chutney, yogurt-rice, any flavored rice, etc.
Comments are closed.